The Kamloops Sport Council 28th Annual Athletic Awards will once again celebrate the very best in local sports.
Any athlete or individual, able bodied or with a disability, who has made a significant contribution to sport(s) in the 2016 calendar year is eligible for nomination in the following categories. Self Nominations are encouraged and welcomed.
- Coach of the Year Sponsored by Tim Hortons
- Master Athlete of the Year (50+) Sponsored by The Royal Canadian Legion Branch #52
- Team of the Year Sponsored by Kamloops Blazers Sports Society
- Sports Person of the Year Sponsored by Daley and Company Chartered Accountants
- University Award Sponsored by TRU WolfPack
- International Excellence Award Sponsored by PacificSport Interior
- Female Athlete of the Year Award Sponsored by LN Group
- Male Athlete of the Year Award Sponsored by Kamloops Minor Baseball
“Kamloops athletes, teams and coaches continue to excel at home, provincially, nationally and internationally,” says Awards Committee chair Larry Read. “They deserve to be recognized. The Kamloops Sports Council awards are designed for that. I urge everyone in the sports community to look at their organization and submit names of people they think should be honored.”
The awards will be handed out on April 28th, 2018 in conjunction with the Kamloops Sports Hall of Fame Banquet.
Nomination forms are available on the Kamloops Sports Council Website at http://www.kamloopssportscouncil.com/events/athletic-awards/
Deadline for nominations is February 1st, 2018
Please submit forms via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax: 250-828-3599, by mail to 262 Lorne Street, Kamloops, BC V2C 1W1. Or in person at the Sports Council Office, located at 262 Lorne Street (Cunliffe House across from the Sandman hotel)
For more information, please call the Sports Council Office at 250-828-3822