Kamloops Sports Council
Meet Our Team
Board of Directors 2019/2020
- Henry Pejril — President – Executive
- Jon Pankuch — Vice President – Executive
- Jan Antons — Vice President – Executive
- Ryan Sirianni — Secretary – Treasurer – Executive
- Barb Warsimage
- Ron McColl
- Dino Bernardo
- Anne Terwiel
- Charlie Bruce
Community Partner Observers
- Linda Stride — City of Kamloops
- Andy Philpot — St. John’s Ambulance
- Lisa Strachan — Tourism Kamloops
- Curtis Atkinson— Thompson Rivers University
- Anne Keith — Kamloops Indian Band
- Carolynn Boomer — Pacific Sport
- Bob Smillie — Kamloops Sports Legacy Fund
- Larry Read — City of Kamloops at Large
- Sport Awards Committee — Chair: TBD
The Sport Awards Committee is responsible for the Annual Athletic Awards, Hall of Fame Ceremony and the Physical Hall of Fame display at the Tournament Capital Centre. Committee duties include the nomination, adjudication and evaluation process of the Awards, format and planning of the Hall of Fame ceremony.
- Sport Services & Membership Committee — Chair: TBD
The Sport Service Committee provides direction and leadership in the area of Local Sport Organization development. Assists the Local Sports Organization (LSO) in building capability in areas such as governance and management systems, information technology services, event management, research and monitoring, and good practice.
- Tournament Capital Committee — Chair: TBD
The Tournament Capital Committee is responsible for the development and management of the Tournament Capital Volunteer Program.
- Facilities Committee — Chair: TBD The facilities committee is responsible for communicating with LSO’s about their current facility usage and current gaps that are in Kamloops Sports facilities Committee duties include advocacy for new LSO facilities, determining best practices for facility space.
- Major Contracts and Events — Executive Committee and Staff Major contracts and events will be organized and executed by the Executive Committee and the Sports Council staff. This covers the Legacy Games and any other major event management contracts that are obtained through KSC or the City.