Kamloops Sports Council
Meet Our Team
Board of Directors 2023/2024
- Henry Pejril — President – Executive
- Vacant — Vice President – Executive
- Jan Antons — Vice President – Executive
- Ryan Sirianni — Secretary – Treasurer – Executive
- Barb Warsimage
- Ron McColl
- Dino Bernardo
- Anne Terwiel
- Charlie Bruce
- Mark Faubert
Community Partner Observers
- Linda Stride — City of Kamloops
- Andy Philpot — St. John’s Ambulance
- Lisa Strachan — Tourism Kamloops
- Curtis Atkinson— Thompson Rivers University
- Anne Keith — Tk̓emlúps te Secwépemc
- Carolynn Boomer — Pacific Sport
- Bob Smillie — Kamloops Sports Legacy Fund
- Larry Read — City of Kamloops at Large
- Sport Awards Committee — Larry Read, Carolynn Boomer, Dino Bernardo, Anne Keith, Barb Warsimage, and Duncan Olthuis
The Sport Awards Committee is responsible for the Annual Athletic Awards. Committee duties include the nomination, adjudication, and evaluation process of the Awards.
- Tournament Capital Committee — Lisa Strachan, Anne Terwiel, and Elsa Poppleton
The Tournament Capital Committee is responsible for the development and management of the Tournament Capital Volunteer Program.
- Facilities Committee — Chair: Dino Bernardo, Committee: Lisa Strachan, Charlie Bruce, Anne Keith, Carolynn Boomer, and Duncan Olthuis
The Facilities Committee is responsible for communicating with LSO’s about their current facility usage and current gaps that are in the Kamloops sports facilities. Committee duties include advocacy for new LSO facilities and determining best practices for facility space.
- Major Contracts and Events — Executive and KSC Staff
Major contracts and events will be organized and executed by the and the Sports Council staff. This covers the Bent Horn Games and any other major event management contracts that are obtained through KSC or the City.